Thursday, June 14, 2012

We will OVERCOME...

Mitch & Kaylee's perfect day!
Wow! 3 months have somehow passed in a chaotic whirlwind since my last post! An update on life: my cousin, Naomi has begun infusion treatments for her Crohn's and we are praying their benefits begin to show soon! I have a new Sister!! My brother is now a married man and the wedding was beautiful! Their new house is being built and each day I praise Him for His strength and goodness that carries us all the days of our lives! After all, "if our God is for us, then who can stand against us?"




It seems God just continues to show us His almighty STRENGTH through one tribulation or another. This song has intertwined itself to the deepest heart strings of my soul. As we praised our King this past Sunday at Lighthouse Community Church, even the walls of an elementary school cafeteria could not drown the heartfelt praise for our "healer, awesome in power, OUR GOD!" After walking away from a beautiful building to stand on the truth of HIS WORD, God has proven ten-fold that "If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?" 
                                                                       



                                      



Well, Satan never let's his guard down. I praise God for all the GREAT things HE has done in the lives of those I love and the direction God has led our church, but Satan is always on the attack of those who LOVE CHRIST! Throughout this process, our church family has become a united vessel that I'm certain burns Satan to his core. (for more details on LCC and our STAND, see Pastor Steve's BLOG) 

So, it is in the moments when we are weak that Satan comes to attack. For me, that was looking at an elementary storage room: tables, chairs, boxes, papers, carts, and school supplies strewn everywhere. Lord, how will this suffice as a nursery? Where will I put these tables and chairs? How will I ensure the toddlers safety from these table corners? ....and Lord, you KNOW my son is going to climb all over those stacked chairs! 


"For I know the plans I have for you [daughter], declares the Lord.
Plans to keep you and not to harm you"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11

His gently whisper in my ear at just the perfect moment. But Lord, this isn't even in the same league as our precious mural-painted, toy filled, comfort-filled, created for us Comfort Bay Nursery. These kids deserve more. Better. Safer. Cozier. Lovelier. Comfy. 

"Remember the former things those of long ago; 
I am God, and there is no other; 
I am God and there is none like me. 
I make known the end from the beginning, 
from ancient times, 
what is still to come. 
I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. 
From the East I summon a bird of prey; 
from a a far-off land, 
a man to fulfill my purpose. 
What I have said, that will I bring about; 
what I have planned, the twill I do" 
Isaiah 46: 9-11

Trust me daughter. 

It was in the is uncomfortable moment that Satan was ready to have me weeping on the thinly carpeted floor; mourning for all that I felt I had lost for HIS Children's Ministry, He sent one of my close friends and fellow Children's Ministry leaders. She and I flipped and moved tables, stacked and 'hid' chairs, cleared and re-filled shelves--a few times! After about 30 minutes, the room was clear of clutter and the donated toys we feared would not fit in the room, fit perfectly on the cleared shelves. Plenty of room for rocking chairs, baby swings, cribs, and any other nursery item we may need. It was PERFECT.  Because it was from HIM. 

Sunday, I anticipated more uncomfortable moments. New beginnings are always uncomfortable aren't they?  Walking into what WAS a school cafeteria, I entered a beautiful house of worship...REALLY! I had expected a sterile feel to the room,  a few glitches in the video feed that was installed the day before--and would have called that a good morning of worship for the first time at a new location. But that's not our God. He doesn't do good, He does GREAT! The room was beautiful with a curtain back drop, greenery, mounted video screens, same band, same family, same TRUTH...same BODY! As I worshiped with my church family, there was an unexpected natural feeling to our new location, all the uncomfortable from the days and weeks before were gone. I can't explain it, but to say it was just like any other Sunday. We came together to worship our King for all that HE has done, is doing, and WILL do through us. God uses all these uncomfortable moments to push us to where HE wants us to be, to do the work HE has planned to bring HIM glory!


Because, God promises that He "will do" "what I [God] have planned" by "a man to fulfill His purpose"(Isaiah 46 excerpts).  And it is when man, woman, the BODY of Christ do what He has planned that "we will overcome"! when we come to HIM for HIS strength, HIS truth, HIS plan, HIS living water, for HIS PURPOSE. Through "the blood of the lamb, and the word of our testimony", we receive our Creators greatest gift of all...and over all...we OVERCOME!


I'm not saying it's going to be easy. But His word promises that when a fire takes every last belonging, when a disease depletes every once of energy we have, when a building is temporary. 

He. Will. Overcome.

We are a blessed people to be used by our Creator who loves us SO much more than we can even fathom! It is a privilege to be called by the King of all that was and is and is to come, to do HIS will. Yes, it is a privilege for God to make us UNCOMFORTABLE! So my friends, tighten your seat belts, because it's time to drive out of your comfort zone and be the HANDS and FEET of God!

2 comments:

Naomi Joy said...

How awesome to know our God will overcome ANYTHING we need Him to as we go out of comfort zones....amazing. Love it that you blogged again! :)

Mari said...

Great post! Lots has happened since your last one, but God has been there - through it all!
I agree with you on Sunday - it was a blessed time of worship and it did feel strangely familiar. It was good!